Wednesday, January 8, 2014

When it's somehow even colder outside...

http://hpl.iii.com/record=b1062602~S1
 
 
If you've gone outside lately and managed to *not turn into an icicle, I commend you.  Sometimes I wish I could be the bear in Karma Wilson's excellent Bear Snores On, happily snoozing away the winter months waiting to roll out of bed sometime in the early Spring.  Unfortunately, this is not an option.  A librarian like myself can keep quite busy in the Winter.  When it's too cold to be outside, reading a good book is often the absolute best option.  I've seen many patrons come in lately carrying stacks of fun titles out the door with hopes of getting lost in an adventure (and a mug of hot chocolate).  If you are staring out the frost covered window, remember that Percy Jackson, Frog and Toad, Angelina Ballerina and all of your other favorite characters are waiting to keep you entertained...and I'm guessing that the hot chocolate won't be far behind.    
 

0 comments: